Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Primal Chow Breaded Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup

I know! Breaded pork chops.... AGAIN! I love breaded pork chops. They are very versatile. You can use Marinara sauce, peppercorn sauce (one of my favorite!), or with caramelized apples. They are also very easy to do. I used my old recipe, but changed a few things.

Ingredients:

4 thick pork chops
garlic powder
arrowroot powder
sea salt
parsley flakes
pepper
1 free-range eggs, beaten
1 cup of coconut flour
4 tablespoons olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Mix garlic powder, sea salt, parsley flakes, pepper, and coconut flour in a deep bowl. Set aside. In another plate have the arrowroot powder/flour readily available to use. Coat the chops in arrowroot first, then dip them in the beaten eggs, and lastly coat them in the coconut mixture. Fry them in olive oil 3 minutes per sides. Transfer the chops to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.



While these are baking in the oven, prepare the mushroom soup. I got the inspiration for this soup from this site. I made a few changes though. Instead of heavy cream I used full fat coconut milk. Also, after adding the broth, I mixed everything in a blender. Transferred the mushroom soup back into the pan and mixed in the rest of the ingredients as the recipe instructed.



When the chops are ready, uncover them and pour the mushroom soup over them and bake for an additional 15 or 20 minutes.



Chow down and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment